How to become a Dressage Judge
Equestrian Australia has developed a National Officiating Accreditation Scheme (NOAS) that sets the requirements for becoming a judge.
To become a new judge, applicants must:
- be at least 17 years of age
- be a member of the EA (check with ENSW as to the membership level required)
- have some experience as a rider, coach, writer/penciller
- have attended a G level specific seminar
- have shadow-judged the required number of tests, and
- have successfully completed the Open Rule Book Test.
Enquiries re becoming a judge, contact Julie Jones, DNSW New Judge (G Level) Coordinator on 0410 405 505 or email [email protected]
There is also a (fast track) Accelerated Judges Scheme for FEI riders who have achieved a certain level of performance. Eligible riders may apply for dispensation for some of the requirements. Refer the NOAS Scheme supplement (on the link below) for the requirements.
Please contact Sue Cunningham for information about the fast tracking scheme, Ph 02 4389 3252 or e-mail Sue.
For other information (including application form to become a G level judge go to the Judges' Info page.
Information for judges starting out: How_to_Become_a_Dressage_Judge(G-E)-2016edition.pdf